- Chief, Enterprise Emergency Medicine, Mass General Brigham
- Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- J. Stephen Bohan Professor of Emergency Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Lavine Family Professor of Humanitarian Studies, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Director, Harvard Humanitarian Initiative, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
What I like best about IEDLI is the deep dive into understanding leadership opportunities and challenges and the chance to share ideas with international colleagues.Dr. Michael VanRooyen
Dr. VanRooyen is the Chair of Emergency Medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and at Massachusetts General Hospital. He is a Professor at both Harvard Medical School and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and regularly teaches courses on humanitarian operations in war and disaster.
Dr. VanRooyen is also the Director of the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative at Harvard University and the Lavine Family Professor of Humanitarian Studies as part of the Humanitarian Academy at the Harvard School of Public Health. Under his direction, the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative has provided technical support services to the UN and NGOs in most major conflict areas and disasters, including the Syria crisis and the West African Ebola response.